How Healthy are you Right Now?
- What is your ideal weight? Try this site, which will give you several methods of finding your ideal weight. This will give you a good general idea of a healthy weight range for you.
- How does my blood pressure and my resting heart rate..well…rate? All you need to do for this one is head down to your local Wal-mart and take 30 seconds at the blood pressure testing machine. It isn’t spot on accurate, but it is close enough. I recommend taking 90 seconds (i.e. 3 times) and averaging them out.
- Find your caloric needs. You need this many calories just to survive and exist.
- Check out your waist hip ratio.
- How are you arteries doing? Run this simple ten question test to see how your cholestorel level might be effecting your health.
- Are you healthy enough to start exercising?
- Are you presently at risk for diabetes?
- How much fat is on my (your) body? If you have access to a fat caliper click here, if not try this site– and this one too.
- How is your vertical jump?
- Male girth calculator. It isn’t what it might sound like. This calculator uses your wrist measurement to tell you how big the rest of your body should be.
- JUST FOR FUN: Enjoy this health and longevity quiz.
- How many push-ups can you do and how does that rank?
- What is you frame size?
How much _________ should I _____________?
- How much protein should I be eating?
- How much fat should I be eating?
- How much fiber should I be eating?
- How many carbs should I be eating?
- How much (pick your favorite exercise/activity) should I do to lose one pound? Find out here.
Now I’m Working Out, So….
- First things first, do you know proper weight room etiquette?
- Finding your ideal heart rate range for cardio.
- Find out how many calories are epxended by your favorite activities from standing to yardwork to softball.
- JUST FOR FUN: How does your bench pressing skill rank? Load the bar with 80lbs and see how many reps you can do. Input your info and see how you rank.
- Calculators for runners.
- Predict your one rep max and lots of other stuff.
I hope this helps. Best of wishes on your fitness journey. As always, if you have questions I am glad to answer them.