This recipe is delicious! I based it off something I ate at a fancy restaurant in Asheville a couple months ago. The preparation is simple, and should take no more than 10-15 minutes (basically chopping avocado and slicing tuna). And the end result is well worth the hefty price tag for sashimi grade tuna ($10.99/pound).
Kimchi, light sesame ginger vinaigrette, avocado, black sesame seeds, regular sesame seeds, and carrots (you can also include a little bit of sushi rice, but keep portion size in mind).
- Slice up your avocado in small pieces (size of your pinky finger nail)
- Shave your carrots into thin inch-or-two long strips
- Cut your tuna last (make the pieces just a bit bigger than the avocado slices)
- Plate the avocado, carrots, and tuna. Also plate (to the side) a couple tablespoons of Kimchi
- Drizzle the plate in 2-3 tablespoons of the sesame ginger vinaigrette
- Sprinkle white and black sesame seeds over the plate (I use about 2 teaspoons of each type)