I’ve written about our family’s dream several times on here before. For those of you who need to catch up, check out the links below.
A Farm of Our Own
Setting Our Goals
Also Scroll down to the bottom to see a Brief Summary.
Caught up? Good. So here is the idea. Anyone who can afford to share a little just drops a bit in the donate button below. Who should do this? If you have some spare change laying around in your PayPal account (or in that jacket you haven’t worn for months) you would be a good candidate. It is all up to you.
You see, I am very curious what could happen if the hundreds (possibly thousands) who have visited this sight over 52,000 times donated a dollar or two towards a fund to help us achieve this dream. What do you think? Maybe we could have a good part of our down payment ready to go.
So you ask, what’s to keep me from blowing all the money on booze and comics? Well, just my word. I would hope that after almost ten months and tons of embarassing pictures, you guys would know how much a share without reservation. If anything I am TOO truthful.
If you don’t want to donate, no hard feelings. Well, maybe a few. But for those who do, thanks. Let me know if this whole PayPal things works, I’ve never used it before.
Warning: This donation is NOT tax deductible.
What will we be doing with the money?
1. Down payment on a piece of land- small to medium acreage (30-60 acres). We are still locating the right piece of property and we are waiting to see where I end up in two to three years with my Ph.D.
2. Run a small scale animal rescue (dogs/horses).
3. Combine the animal rescue with a program for at-risk youth. We are still learning lots about this, and it is very interesting stuff. Click here to read about one such pet training program currently employed in prisons.
4. Run a fully operational ranch and/or farm (depends on the land) where we can sell a portion of our agricultural returns and donate the rest to local individuals in need as well as local charities. Some ideas we have include orchards, crops, milk, and eggs. There is a big learning curve on all this stuff and I spend much of my limited free time reviewing books on these subjects.
5) Care to make any suggestions to fill this space? Anything I missed? Drop a note in the comments section.
God bless you whatever you give- including those of you who give nothing.
BTW, for those of you skittish about PayPal, you can email me and drop a few small bills or a check in the mail.