I am working my way through my second day of the Alternate Day Diet. I wouldn’t call it working though since today has been a breeze. You see, today is my up day. I can eat whatever I want whenever I want. I have chosen to stick with healthy foods, but I am consciously ignoring calories today. You heard that right, I am completely ignoring calories. I don’t have to count them at all! Heck I just baked (although as easy as it was to make I can hardly call it baking) some muffins and had a few.
[Easiest Muffin Recipe EVER: 1 box of devil’s food cake mix, 1 15 oz. can of 100% pure pumpkin (no added sugar). Mix. Bake. Eat. Told you it was easy.]
And although I knew today would be easy, I didn’t expect yesterday to go as well as it did. Heck, the book claims the first day should be the hardest. I didn’t find it all that hard. I did my best to fit a lot of food into the allotted 500 calories. It worked out to:
- Breakfast: Nothing (fasting for blood test)
- Snack: Nothing (still fasting)
- Lunch: 24 hour protein shake (120 calories)
- Snack: Miso Soup (35 calories)
- Dinner: A bean and lentil in tomato based soup with Miso soup on the side (extra seaweed added in), and a mini cucumber. (165 calories)
- Snack: Protein shake (120 calories)
- Overall 15 cups of water
Not bad and NO major hunger difficulties to report.
Today (my “up day”) I had:
- Breakfast: Kashi Honey Almond Flax Crunch, unsweetened shredded coconut, and 1/2 a serving of 70% dark chocolate (more…)