Well by now anyone who watches the news has seen the latest strange twist in the Chris Benoit murder-suicide saga. Fox reported in an “Exclusive Story” that someone had posted news of Nancy Benoit’s death to Benoit’s Wikipedia entry some 13 hours before the bodies of Chris, Nancy, and Daniel were found by local authorities. Crazy huh?
Archive for the ‘ECW’ Category
In what will hopefully be my last post on this depressing and horrific event, there have been some interest developments over the night in the Chris Benoit story.
- A timeline of calls and text messages Benoit sent friends and coworkers in the WWE.
- Benoit’s son Daniel had Fragile X syndrome, a syndrome that causes a form of mental retardation.
- Benoit has been linked to at least one illegal steroid broker.
- And weirdest yet, Benoit was giving his son shots of HGH (Human Growth Hormone) because he thought the boy was undersized.
- Vince McMahon (sort of) apologized on Tuesday night’s ECW program (on SciFi) for highlighting Benoit’s career the previous night and stated that we would not hear about Benoit for the rest of the night. [WWE has already pulled ALL Chris Benoit merchandise].
While some of this seems to provide a bit more explanation for some his actions, most of this just makes the whole matter more confusing and just plan strange.The media is all over linking this to steroids. But, I for one, will wait a week or two for the toxicology reports to reveal the truth of that matter.
It appears now that the authorities have figured out some of the strange facts involved in the death of Chris Benoit and his family. I know this is a weight loss blog and I normally don’t talk about these kind of things, but I have long been a pro-wrestling fan. I admired Chris Benoit as a wrestler and other fans I know who have met him talked about what a great guy he was.
So it was shocking to learn that he spent this last weekend murdering his wife and child, and then committing suicide. Who could have seen it coming. Yes he had one domestic violence issue in the past. Yes he took steroids. Yes he lived his life in a faux violent sport that induced tons of stress (traveling 300 out of 365 day a year away from family). But to kill his wife and seven year old child. This is truly bizarre.