A picture says a 1,000 words (or in this case 40+ extra pounds). Other than my obvious state of half-sleep (the picture was taken at 7 a.m.) my well-rounded cheeks and less-than-subtle second chin aren’t camera-shy. It appears much of what used to be known as “my chin” is now lost in a round, full face. A face that sits upon a neck that sits upon a slow, lethargic, weak body. Wow, this sounds even worse typed out than it sounded as part of my internal monologue. So as far as changing this less than flattering look it is important to begin with an adequate assessment of my current (not-so-)well-being. Let’s just say that most categories leave plenty of room for improvement. Some will be updated on Wednesday with more accurate numbers, but this is what I’ve got thus far.
- Chest: 40.25 (exhale)/44.25 inches (inhale)
- Arms: (r) 16/(l)16.25 inches
- Forearms: 13 inches
- Waist: 41 inches
- Weight: 212.6 (Ouch! Pizza and wings yesterday)
- Body Fat Percentage: 32.1% (but using the unreliable bathroom scale)
- Blood Pressure: 118/63
- Push-ups in 60 seconds: 25
- Mile Run: 14 minutes (Ouch! Shin splints acted up and my walking was even slower than usual)
Now to try and improve all of these! I started that change today with a 35 minute walk (in about 35 degree weather) and then went to the gym for a 25 minute full body workout. I feel good. I definitely feel better than I did when I woke up this morning.