- B/Fast: 3 eggs, 4 slices center cut low-fat bacon, 100% whole wheat toast
- Snack: Apple (sliced up) with 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- Lunch: London broil slices with mozzarella cheese, onions, garlic, cooked in 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Snack: 12-hour protein shake
- Dinner: Curry chicken breast with carrots, rice, corn, cucumbers
- Snack: Pistachios
*NOTE: all the above foods contained no added sugars or High Fructose Corn Syrup.
(2) My Workouts are up and running again. I am sticking with a simple formula of 30 minute workouts based around three two exercise supersets of ten minutes each with a rest of 3 minutes between each. I go all out for ten minutes, from one exercise to the next and back again until time runs out. For example, Wednesday’s workout:
- Superset 1: Goblet Squats (reps descending from 10 to 1)/Push Press (reps descending from 10 to 1)
- Superset 2: Push-ups (10 reps per set/7 sets)/ Side-to-side knee movement (8 reps per side/7 sets)
- Superset 3: Chin-ups (1 set as many reps as possible, remaining 6 sets 10-30 second negatives)/ Skull crushers on kitchen bench (seven sets of 5 reps).
(3) I’ve scheduled more “fun exercise” into my daily routine. 30 minutes on the trampoline with my daughter.
(4) I’ve instituted a level of financial discipline which should carry over to my nutritional intake and exercise routines. Our new grocery budget of $65/week (a considerable drop) has done wonders to cut the excess snacks from my cart.
I am looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish before the first day of class on January 19th.