I ache ALL over. My legs hurt (especially thanks to those one-legged squats), my shoulders hurt (thanks to push presses), and my core huts thanks to pretty much every exercises I did yesterday. Oddly enough, otherwise I feel great. I have plenty of energy, my guts doesn’t quite feel as annoying (even though its only slightly less noticeable visually), and even when I wince with pain when I stand up or shift in my seat it is a good reminder of a workout that went better than expected.
I am not going to push myself too hard as I get back into the swing of things. For the next three weeks I will stick to about 3 days of heavy training per week with one day off between workouts (and one day day off period each week).
But today is anything but a “day off.” I almost titled this post something like “first day off,” but i deleted that title. I deleted it for a reason. There are no day offs in fitness. While I won’t be lifting any weights today (with the possible exception of tossing my daughter around) I am working very hard on my nutritional intake. Today’s meals include:
- Breakfast: 12-hour Elite Protein Shake
- Snack: Protein Bar with an Apple
- Lunch: 2 slices of whole wheat toast with roast beef, turkey breast, lettuce, tomato, spicy mustard, and spinach.
- Snack: walnuts, unsweetened shredded coconut, and dark chocolate.
- Dinner: Function at church, so I have no clue what will be offered. This will be my first real challenge.
- Before Bed: 12-hour elite protein shake with milled flax seed
- ***NOTE: Water is consumed in large quantities throughout the day with and between meals.
I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow’s meals. I bought a bunch of turkey drumsticks and I will be putting them in the rotisserie with some herbs and spices.