The last two days have involved some fairly intense but simple exercise routines. To be honest they are only intense because I allowed myself to get out of shape. Yesterday I had the house all to myself, so I cranked up the Itunes and fit in an indoor workout for a change.
- Heavy Bag Dead lift/Squat: 12, 10
- Wide Grip Push-up: 20, 20
- Alternating Bulgarian Dead lift: 12 each side, 11 each side
- Diamond Push-up: 15, 15
- Towel Pike: 10, 8. These are simple, just watch the video. All you do is replace the swiss ball with an old towel under the balls of your feet.
- Alternating Push-up: 12, 10
- Side Planks: 2 reps on each side at 20 seconds each, 1 rep on each side at 30 seconds each.
Yesterdays nutrition totals were:
- Calories: 1680
- Fat: 92g (25g saturated)
- Carbs: 71g (28g fiber, 8g sugars)
- Protein: 155g
And today….I enjoyed a 30 minute walk with my wife to start the day and in between thunderstorms hit the pavement for an interval run. I managed to do intervals of:
- 5 minute warm-up walk
- 2 minute jog
- 30 second sprint at 90-100% effort with 120 seconds rest (3 cycles).
- 15 second sprint at 90-100% effort with 60 seconds rest (6 cycles).
- 2 minute jog cool-down
- 5 minute walk cool-down
No complaints. No pain beyond the normal wear and tear of a 30 year old body- and not even much of that. Tomorrow won’t be easy as it starts off with some H.I.T. work. But I am up for it. I think I will try out this exercise: