There are many good things about having an outdoor gym in your backyard. There is the freedom, the 24/7 access, the no weird guys wearing spandex, and the ability to shower and get dressed at home. However, there are also some drawbacks- especially if you are a dog owner. I am referring specifically to the pile of poop that I accidentally flipped my giant tire into during my workout today. To make matters worse I then happened to pick up the tire at the exact spot where the poop had mashed between the tire and the pavement. Worst of all it was right toward the beginning of my routine.
So what did I do? Did I stop my workout, go wash my hands, then come back to my workout? Nope.
Instead I just carried on as if nothing had happened. I finished my workout, and then went into the house, washed my hands, and stored by workout gear back inside the house. Sure it wasn’t fun, and it wasn’t exactly the way I planned on spending my workout. But, I was in a zone. I wasn’t about to throw myself off for the purposed of good hygiene alone. However, now that I am out of the zone and looking back on it, it seems rather gross.
Anyway, now that the poop story has been retold, here are the details of my workout:
GPP Training Session
- Session I
- Sledgehammer Training: 3 minutes (2 minutes on right side, 1 minute on left)/60 seconds rest
- Tire Flip: 3 minutes (24 flips)/60 seconds rest
- Tire Pull: 3 minutes/60 seconds rest
- Sandbag Press: 3 minutes/60 seconds rest (NEW: Sandbag weight upped by 20 lbs, to 76 lbs)
- Push-ups: 3 minutes (31 reps, then 10, 6, and 4 super slow reps, then 3 negatives)/60 seconds rest
- Session II
- Sledgehammer Training: 2 minutes (1 minute each side)/60 seconds rest
- Tire Flip: 2 minutes/60 seconds rest
- Tire Pull: 2 minutes/60 seconds rest
- Sandbag Press: 2 minutes/60 seconds rest
- Push-ups: 2 minutes (20 reps, the 6, 6, and 1 super slow reps)/60 seconds rest
- Session III (NEW: NO REST BETWEEN SETS!)
- Sledgehammer Training: 1 minute on each side/NO REST
- Tire Flip: 1 minute/NO REST
- Tire Pull: 1 minute/NO REST
- Sandbag shoulder with throw: 1 minute/NO REST
- Push-ups: 1 minutes (10 reps then 4 negative reps).
Total workout time, 31 minutes and 30 seconds (not including rest between sets and sessions).
It was a tough workout, but it was nice since most the snow had melted away and it was a nice warm 45 degrees outside with plenty of sunshine. Back to the gym tomorrow morning!