What a day…
Today began with my day 8 measurements, which are already posted here. The results were great, with a loss of 4.4lbs and 2.1% body-fat. After that it was back to the usual routine- protein shakes and milled flax seed.
Meal 1: Myoplex Shake, milled flax seed, multi-vitamin, 2 PGX fiber capsules (7:30 a.m.)
Meal 2: Myoplex light shake (10:35 a.m.)
It was just about this time that I got a pleasant surprise- well two surprises. First, the repair guy from GE came to fix our dryer AND it was covered by the warranty. The icing on the cake– he looked like Kenny Rogers. Not just any Kenny rogers. Nope, he looked like Will Sasso as Kenny Rogers. Even better than the original if you ask me!
Although one bit of bad news, we will need a new washing machine immediately (I will be at Home Depot tomorrow). But I left that bit of bad news behind and moved on to lunch; a Myoplex shake and a half serving of Cheerios to fuel my impending workout.
Today’s workout went GREAT! My GPP training session lasted over 35 minutes. That is up from about 25 minutes last week. Here are the details:
- Warm-up: Jumping Jacks, Begin Section I
- Sledgehammer Training: 3 minutes/90 seconds rest
- Standing Tire Pull w/ chain: 4 minutes/90 seconds rest
- Squat with Sandbag on shoulders: 2 minutes (about 50 reps)/90 seconds rest
- Sandbag Press: 2 minutes (20 reps)/90 seconds rest
- Push-ups: 2 minutes (Left arm up, 20 reps; Right arm up, 15 reps; Diamonds, 7 reps/90 seconds rest
- Dips: 2 minutes (11, 10, 9, and 8 reps)/90 seconds rest
- THREE MINUTE REST, Begin Section II
- Sledgehammer Training: 45 seconds/90 seconds rest
- Standing Tire Pull: 45 seconds/90 seconds rest
- Squat with Sandbag on shoulders: 45 seconds/90 seconds rest
- Sandbag Press: 45 Seconds (10 reps)/90 seconds rest
- Push-ups: 2 minutes (12, 11, 10, and 9 reps)/90 seconds rest
- Dips: 2 minutes (20 reps)
- Total Time: Section I = 22.5 minutes; Section II = 13 minutes
And for those that don’t think this kind of training works, post-workout I went back to the tape measure and discovered a 1+ inch pump on my upper arms and forearms. I felt great overall. The workout was great start to finish. I didn’t even mind when it started raining on my half way through. As a matter of fact it actually felt quite good working out in the rain.
Post-workout I slammed back some of my anti-oxidant drink and some Myoplex.
For dinner I had a 12-Hour Elite shake, milled flax seed, and one serving of Canadian bacon. And to close out the day I will probably have a second helping of 12-Hour Elite.
- Fat: 40g (only 4g saturated)
- Net Carbs: 66g
- Fiber: 44g fiber
- Protein: 209g