Ever had one of these days (I think the picture says it all)? Well, okay, my day wasn’t that bad. However it could have been much better. I had planned more interval training and grip strength training for today. Yet, a combination of powerful winds, rain, and my aching shins kept me inside.
Just Another Protein Filled Day…
Well this is getting old, so I will keep it short and simple. I had nothing but protein shakes today with the exception of six pieces of bacon for dinner tonight (alongside a 12-hour Elite protein shake). Yup, just protein shakes and supplements.
As far as exercise goes, today was not a total bust. Yeah, I missed out on interval training. But my shins were aching so bad that I didn’t want to aggravate any injury the high impacting sprinting might have caused. I thought discretion the better part of valor and settled on just working on grip strength tonight. That being said, here is the workout I used:
Grip Strength Training
- 50lbs resistance grip tool, 12 reps on each hand with a 2 second hold
- expand-your-hand bands, 12 reps each hand (level one resistance)
- 50lbs resistance grip tool, 6 reps on each hand with a 6 second hold
- expand-your-hand bands, 12 reps each hand (level two resistance)
- 50lbs resistance grip tool, 2 reps each hand with a 30 second hold
- expand-your-hand bands, 2 reps each hand with a 20 second hold
- 50lbs resistance grip tool, 1 rep each hand with a 60 second hold
Well that was it for the day. Not a great day, but it wasn’t a terrible day either.
Stay tuned tomorrow for the one week results of the Velocity Diet experiment.