I have a feeling that my run yesterday left my shins and ankles weak, and it has impacted my whole day. I’ve been pretty unmotivated to exercise, and when I did my ankles kept throwing off my balance- but you’ll hear more about that later.
One of Those Days…
When I woke up at 5 a.m. the rain was pounding down on our roof. It rained most of the morning and on and off all day. Of course it would rain, I had a good outdoor GPP training session planned. I mean it was written out in my workout journal AND I was looking forward to it. Oh well, what are you going to do? Well I’ll tell you what I did, later.
After we gave out daughter her Three Kings day gifts I quickly mixed up a 12-hour Elite shake with milled flax and chased it down with some Metamucil mixed with water. Is it just me or is this diet making me predictable?
For a snack I grabbed an original Myoplex shake and took my supplements (multi, fish oil, etc.). I spent most of the day either cleaning the house or reading up on things historical.
For lunch I had another 12-hour Elite shake with some milled flax seed (and boy did that milled flax settle to the bottom of the bottle- ICK!). Around 2:30 I had an orange so I could get some carbs before my 3 p.m. workout.
My workout was..well…it was odd. My ankles felt weak and it kept throwing off my balance. I had to reset several times during my one-legged deadlifts. Fortunately though, I didn’t crash during this workout- like I did during the last weight training session. Here are the details:
- Warm-up: Stretching
- Session 1
- Squat with Sandbag over Shoulders: 30 reps
- Chin-ups: 7 (felt a little odd during these, can’t really explain it).
- Turkish Get-ups: 25lbs, 6 reps in the right side, 5 reps on the left side.
- One-Legged Deadlift: Sandbag in arms, 12 reps each leg
- Push-ups: 30
- Pull-ups: 5
- Session 2 (w/ 2 minutes rest between sessions)
- Squat with Dumbbells: 45lbs in each hand, 10 reps
- Chin-ups: 6 reps (palms facing in)
- Turkish Get-ups: 15 lbs in each hand, 3 reps on each side (BOY are these tough!)
- One-Legged Deadlift: sandbag in arms, 8 reps each leg
- Push-ups: 30
- Pull-ups: 4
- Total Time: 24 minutes (including 2 minute rest between sessions)
I followed up the workout with my anti-oxidant drink and a Myoplex light drink.
I am posting this early since tonight is cheat night, which means half price sushi!!!! After I get home I will probably drink a 12-hour Elite shake before bed and call it a night.
See you tomorrow. And remember that the first round of measurements is coming up in two days. Not tomorrow morning, but the morning after.