Well today’s workout and food intake wasn’t pretty, but it got the job done. A late night last night led to my decision to sleep in until 9 a.m. this morning. Ask my wife, that kind of wake up time almost never happens in my house. After rolling out of bed I did a short 18 minute Wii yoga workout and grabbed breakfast. (See nutritional intake chart below).
Since I got such a late start I skipped my usual snack between meals (EAS Myoplex Light protein shake) and just had lunch a little early at noon. With the late start we didn’t make it out the door for our errands until 1:30 p.m. And of course I forgot my protein shake at home. I picked a Snicker’s Marathon bar off the shelf because I needed something with a bit of a carb kick for my GPP training session– scheduled to begin the moment we got home.
The session was tough; but then again they always are. Here are the details:
- Warm-up: 50 jumping jacks and light job up and down driveway.
- Agility Ladder: 2 minutes of alternating slalom and side-to-side movements with 30 seconds rest.
- Turkish Get-Up: 2+ minutes (6 reps on the left side, 5 reps on the right side) with 30lbs followed by 30 seconds rest.
- Jump Rope: 1.25 minutes (for some reason this short session of jump rope kicked my butt), followed by 30 seconds rest.
- Sand Bag Shoulder and Press: 1.75 minutes. This was rough too and after yesterday my arms wanted to give up.
- 2 Minutes Rest between cycles…
- Agility Ladder: 1 minute, then 30 seconds rest.
- Turkish Get-Up: 1.25 minutes with 3 reps in each side followed by 45 seconds rest.
- Jump Rope: 1 minute (100 revolutions) followed by 30 seconds rest.
- Sand Bag shoulder and Press: 1 minute (9 reps and lots of pain)
- TOTAL: Approx 14 minutes of training, in a total workout time of 20+ minute G.P.P workout.
As far as nutritional intake, here are the details for today:
- B/fast: 2 slices whole wheat toast with 1 serving peanut butter and an orange, and 3 cups water
- Snack: None
- Lunch: Turkey burger (no bun) with mustard and pickles, and a few small pita slices with garlic hummus
- Snack: Snicker’s Marathon Bar
- Post-Workout Snack: EAS Myoplex Light protein shake and anti-oxidant drink.
- Dinner: Steak salad topped with fresh basil sauce (tomatoes, onion, mixed greens, skirt steak, pine nuts, shallots, olive oil, basil, and a bit of honey)