I’ve been away for a while getting caught up with my studies, but I haven’t stopped training. Frankly, I would probably lose my mind if I stopped training. I have lots to be happy about with my training program and only a few frustrations- which I can work through. The recent weather, LOTS of rain, has kept me from my G.P.P. training, but soon as the skies clear up I will be back outside.
I should have an update with measurements and other interesting info up by November 1st, 2009. Between now and then I will go back to posting on my progress and individual workouts.
For now, here is some of the progress I’ve made over the last few weeks:
- Dead lift from 140 to 200 lbs (approximately 15-25 reps, in sets of 5).
- Push Press from 50 to 85 lbs (I could go a bit higher with the weight, but I don’t have a spotter- so I need to be careful).
- I’ve improved my grip strength substantially and now perform most hanging movements with only a three finger grip.
- I have doubled my max reps in hanging leg raises.
- I still can’t get a full stretch in my Bulgarian Squats- i.e. my back knee touching the floor.
- My one-legged dead lifts are still off balance, as my longer back is so tired by the time I get to them.
- I loathe side lunges- but I know they must be done.